Sunday, January 16, 2011

The worst hour of the year??

Ahh, the elusive perfect Christmas card picture. This year I tried to prep Kyle for an extra painful session as there was a wild 2 year old and a 2 week old involved.
These are some of the better shots of the 100 we took. I try to comfort Kyle when he is reaching his patience limit by telling him "some girls I know take 500 pics to get the perfect one" OR "at least you aren't paying for professional pictures" -- amazingly none of this reasoning helps him feel better about my crazy, neurotic behavior that emerges during this hour each year.
This year we had to try two separate sessions because Mac was sliding out of each picture before I could get a good one. And there were lighting issues and sheet issues and Charlie looks weird in this one issues and this shows Tucker's ridiculously bad hair cut issues. It's just so painful.
Shortly after this picture was taken Mac pulled the towel hard and almost sent Charlie to the floor. We decided to try again the next day...


And finally got this one which I picked after deciding perfection wasn't going to happen in 2010!

1 comment:

Sara D. said...

I thought it was PERFECT. Love those Ryan boys!

I don't think we have one. single. picture. where everyone is looking at the camera. Of course, Libby ALWAYS has her head turned to the side. And Mike can't keep his eyes open if flash is involved. It has actually become a game to create the WORST CHRISTMAS CARD PICTURE, of all time. I think we came pretty close this year.