
We have spent much of this blog on Tucker's quirkiness, but we may have reached a new high point! His LOVE of minivans. It is getting a little out of control right now and we often have to tell him during the day "Tucker, I don't want to hear anything else about minivans for awhile." Yes, that's right.
What?! Your 5 year old doesn't beg you for one?
Proof this obsession is nearing car wash status:
1. He plays minivan out on our chair in the living room with his keys. His pretend play mostly entails him unloading things out of the side sliding doors and back trunk (he waits and ducks slightly while it automatically goes up)
2. He makes statements like "Mama, did you like my singing at school today?" Me: yes. Tucker: "enough to buy a minivan?" OR "I'm going to keep doing that until you buy a minivan!!!" (in his angry, sassy voice.
3. He also makes statements like "Mama, don't you want it to be easier for you? You wouldn't have to open these doors on your own if you got a minivan."
4. Yesterday he makes up a song to the tune of "I'm a little teapot" but it's "I'm a Honda Minivan.
Yes, He prefers Hondas. And he wants a black one.
5. Earlier today he went through his entire preschool directory pointing out as he read each name which moms had minivans. He got to one girl and read her name and then said "she has a minivan, but the side door is broken so they have to open it by hand." WEIRD!!! We asked him how he knew all this info and he just casually said he watches all the cars during carpool line. WEIRD!!! He could also tell me what brand and color of minivan each kid had.
I can only hope this passes faster than the 3-plus year obsession with car washes.
3 comments:
this is hysterical! love that kid!! he's WAY too smart for his own good!!
Bla-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!
Is Santa driving an Odyssey up under your tree???? Do they make mini-van toy cars????
I searched long and hard for a model minivan -- they don't make them?? I can't believe toy minivans aren't a hot ticket item!?
Post a Comment